Registration Fees and Divisions:
1) All Hockey Canada and OWHA rules shall apply
2) All teams must register at the tournament headquarters at least 1 hour prior to their first game or 1 hour after their first game. All teams must have an updated roster in RAMP. There is no need to bring game sheet labels with them to the tournament. All players and bench staff shall sign all game sheets prior to start of each game.
3) Pick up players: Pick up forms, must be turned in at the tournament registration sign in PRIOR to the first game. Pick up players may only participate with one team during the tournament. All other OWHA pick up rules apply.
4) As per the OWHA RULE TWO - Tournaments (8) - No team may compete in a lower category than the one in which it is registered with the OWHA except a team that has been re-categorized shall have 30 days from the date it is notified of the re-categorization to play in any tournament that is already registered in at the time of re-categorization.
5) Any team re-categorized greater than 30 days or more from the first day of the tournament MUST immediately notify the Tournament Director. Failure to notify the Tournament Director of a team being re-categorized may result in the team being removed from the tournament, without a refund
7) Teams must be prepared to play games starting at 8:00 am Friday. We will try to schedule around teams travelling the greatest distance
8) All games shall consist of 3 periods (10-10-12) stop time. . One 30 second time out is permitted per team in final Championship Games only
9) There will be a 3 minute warm up prior to each game. All games will begin immediately upon completion of the 3 minute warm up. The clock will NOT stop at the 10 minute mark but will continue until the first stoppage of the game. The warm up period will start when the referees have pegged the nets
10) There will be no overtime for round robin games
11) All teams MUST be available to play 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time
12) Running time will commence in the third period when the goal differential is 5 goals or more. Stop time will resume when the goal differential is 3.
13) The OWHA minimum suspension guidelines will be strictly enforced
14) Any player or team official receiving a Match penalty of Gross Misconduct shall be ejected from the remainder of the tournament. Any team official ejected from a game may be ejected from the remainder of the tournament, pending a review with the Tournament Director and Officials
15) Girls will shake hands after each game (gloves on)
16) A player may only participate with one designated team in a tournament and may only participate in one tournament on any date
17) To be eligible to participate in the tournament, the participants name must appear on the team roster submitted with the entry form. Changes to the roster must be made in writing and will not be permitted after registration prior to the first game. The OWHA pick up consent form will be honored and must be included where necessary based on OWHA rules
18) In each round robin game (2) points will be awarded for a win, and (1) point for a tie, and (0) for a loss.
Standings after the round robin will be calculated on the basis of the points awarded. In the event of a tie, the following criteria will be used to break the tie.
a) Head to Head (not applicable in a 3 way tie)
b) Goals for minus Goals against
c) Teams with the most wins
d) Fewest goals against
e) Most Goals scored
f) Fewest penalty minutes
g) Fewest losses
h) Coin toss
i) Follow tie breaking rules in order. Once a tie breaking rule has been used or is not applicable it cannot be used again
19) All games played after round robin games except championship games are to be played to a winner. Over time applies only in Championship games. In the event of a tie at the end of regulation time a shootout will occur
20) Championship games tied at the end of regulation time will have a Sudden Victory 5 minute overtime. Teams will play 4 on 4 plus goalies. Players may be changed at any time. Goalies may be pulled at any time and a substitute player from the bench may be used. If still tied at the end of the overtime period, a shootout will occur
21) Shoot Outs: Teams do not change ends for Overtime or Shoot outs. Any player serving a penalty at the end of the overtime will not be eligible to participate in the shoot-out. All players except shooter and goalies will be on the bench. Once a player has shot, they will go to the penalty box. Shooters for both teams will shoot simultaneously starting at centre ice. All 3 designated shooters from each team will shoot. If still tied, each team will designate one shooter at a time until there is a winner. A player may not shoot for the second time until all players on the game sheet (except goalies) have shot. With the exception of the rules stated above, shoot outs to follow penalty shot rules
22) In the event that games are behind schedule, trophies may be handed off ice at the discretion of the Tournament Director
23) Home teams must wear light colored jerseys where possible. In the event of a conflict, the home team must change their jerseys. Visiting teams will advise opposing team of any conflicts 30 minutes prior to game time. Pinnies may be used as required
24) Flooding of ice will occur at the end of each game or between periods as required
25) It is the team’s responsibility to ensure a clean dressing room is left upon completion of their game. All teams are requested to vacate the dressing room 20 minutes or less after their game is completed. These times may be different at each arena due to Covid protocols.
26) The Tournament Director reserves the right to make decisions regarding the interpretation of the tournament rules, to make decisions regarding Objections or Protests involving conduct of the Tournament and as such all decisions will be final